Sunday, December 16, 2012

Book to Movie Challenge 2013

Another new challenge. With a difference. This ones involves not just reading, but also watching movies. Coincidentally, there were some books that have been made into movies already on my list to read in 2013, and I planned to watch the movies too.


So I am joining the Book to Movie Challenge in 2013. As described at the Doing Dewey blog, the goal is "to review books and the movies which they’ve been made into." It is that simple.

There are four levels:
Movie Fan - read 3 books and watch their movies
Movie Devotee - read 6 books and watch their movies
Movie Lover - read 9 books and watch their movies
Movie Aficionado - read 12 books and watch their movies
Go HERE to check out the rules and sign up if you are interested.

I am participating at the Movie Fan level, read 3 books and watch their movies.

These are the books I plan to read...

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley
The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler

A fourth possibility is The Maltese Falcon, but I will wait and see if I want to move up to a higher level.


6 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

I must re-read "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "The Maltese Falcon" and watch the movie adaptations too. And I haven't read a Raymond Chandler in years. These are all very good books.

Anonymous said...

Tracy - Really interesting challenge! And I'm glad you picked To Kill a Mockingbird. I recently saw that movie (again) and was reminded of how much there is to it and to the novel. And I'll be interested to see what you think of the other two as well.

Sarah said...

OMG Tracy. I can't believe how many challenges you are going to be doing next year. I'll look forward to your reviews.

TracyK said...

I know. Too many challenges. My husband talked me into a chunkster challenge for books over 650 pages (because I already had one I wanted to read). After that, I hope I can control myself. I can't really read that many books in one year.

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

Sounds great TracyK - i had promised myself I wouldn't commit to any '
further challenges, but this might be just too tempting ...

TracyK said...

If anyone should do a book to movie challenge, it is you, Sergio. I always love to read your posts on movies and especially when they are based on books.